Since joining Twinkl Educational Publishing last year – one of the biggest education e-commerce platforms in the world – Robin has steered its Digital team into becoming a world-class educational App and Platform development team, establishing a 40+ strong internal agency structure.Continue reading “Robin Williams”
As the global property industry continues to value buildings only as tradable asset commodities to be bought and sold on the open bond markets, it continues to have scant regard for the end of line people who actually rent and use them. The wider benefit that could be delivered if buildings were actually provided to more purposefully deliver increased user delight and productivity outcomes is rarely entertained.Continue reading “Edward Murphy”
We’ve got another exciting line up of speakers planned for our June event, including;
- Eddie Murphy – Ollio Consultancy – Eddie runs a buildings and architecture consultancy and has been using VR to help clients make better decisions
- Robin Williams – Twinkl – Robin will be talking about Twinkl’s use of AR and VR in edu-tech
- Mark Burkitt – Slanted Theory – Mark will be giving a talk on the benefits of Unity’s new Entity Component System which will squeeze every last bit of performance out of your VR projects
We will also be hearing the latest XR news and open the floor to you if you have anything you would like to share or help shape the direction of the meetup in the future. So please bring any ideas with you!
Also access to @Slantedtheory public ALAIRA VR data room! If you saw Laura Smith’s presentation at Sheffield Digitial Festival this year, this is a great chance to have a go on an amazing immersive data platform that allows everyone to analyse data intuitively!
Learn Facebook’s Spark AR to create Augmented Reality selfie camera effects
About this Event
We invite you to a special one off workshop by Immerse Sheffield sponsored/supported by Kollider, on getting started with Augmented Reality using SparkAR, Facebooks augmented reality platform. During this 45 minute workshop, Martin Alcock of Load Pixels will guide you through creating an augmented reality project using SparkAR designed by local Sheffield illustrator Sian Ellis. Bring your own laptop to follow along or take notes so you can explore this platform further in your own time, this not to be missed workshop will provide you with all you need to know about getting started with and creating augmented reality projects. The workshop is being held in the Kollider Eagle Labs, in the fantastic Castle House. We have 50 tickets available on a first come first served basis.
We invite you to our second Immerse Sheffield event at Sheffield Tech Parks.
About this Event
Our second event welcomes speakers:
- Ivan Phelan of Sheffield Hallam University to talk about his ”Virtual Reality: How engaging content can aid rehabilitation and reduce pain”.
- Emma Cooper is an interactive producer at Cooperative Innovations and Executive Producer of Sheffield Doc/Fest’s Alternate Realties programme. Emma will be talking through what to expect from Doc/Fest Alternate Realities Programme this year.
We will also be haring the latest XR news and open the floor to you if you have anything you would like to share or help shape the direction of the meetup in the future. So please bring any ideas with you!
We invite you to our first ever Immerse Sheffield event at Sheffield Tech Parks on Thursday 21st February 2019 6pm to 8pm. Join the event here.
Our first ever event welcomes Daniel Bacchus of Sheffield Hallam University to talk about his VR art exhibition “Life is beautiful. Always.” that was hosted in Access Space in Sheffield in June 2018 and at Cambridge Festival of Ideas in October 2018.Continue reading “Inaugural Event!”